Two weeks ago I found out that my 20 year old brother and 19 year old SIL were expecting. I posted about it here. It was probably one of the angriest moments I've ever had in my IF journey so far, and I hated myself for it.
This week my entire family is on vacation together. We are having a great time, and everyone is getting along well. Today I did something that I was pretty proud of. I asked my SIL about her pregnancy. It wasn't much- I just asked her is she has been very tired.
Before I found out she was PG, I used to dread the day. I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it. I didn't think I would be able to be around them without crying. But I am handling it. Sure, there are moments that are hard. And hearing the comments and the talk about it still makes my hurt twinge. But I am handling it.
I think infertility can destroy us or make us stronger- and for now, I am falling in to the latter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's never easy to hear about someone else's pregnancy (unless they've been on the IVF journey). Stay strong. Keep positive! I wish you the best of luck.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. You're handling this situation so well.
ReplyDeleteA huge step - well done.
ReplyDeleteI have so been there...
So proud of you! That couldn't have been easy. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteWow! You are a strong person. Glad to have found your blog, looking forward to catching up with your journey.
ReplyDeleteAll the best!
I recently posted about strength too... I don't feel very strong, but I guess it's all relative. I think that is very strong to be able to hear about someone else's pregnancy, especially someone close to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear your week with family is going well!
ICLW
Hi, LM...just stopping by from ICLW. :) Hope you're enjoying your family vacation!
ReplyDeleteI think that you have just the idea...choosing to let the struggles with IF make you stronger. To keep hoping. To overcome the anger...been there and it's NOT easy! What an example you are! (And I think it's HUGE that you were able to talkto SIL even a little about her pregnancy!)
Wishing you all the best. I'll be following along on your journey, if you don't mind. I like your attitude and the way you look at things...so inspirational!
Have a wonderful weekend. Happy ICLW!
That is a GREAT first step. Pat yourself on the back for that, my friend. I know it was tough -- I've been there before (and probably will be again). You're doing a great job!
ReplyDelete