Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Pity Party Isn't Much Of A Party...

So it has been a week since the bitter blog, and I am feeling... not so bitter. So that is good. I didn't drink too much wine at Thanksgiving dinner and make inappropriate comments, I didn't crawl into bed and not come out for a week, and I have kept bitter thoughts to a minimum. I am proud of myself. I know there will certainly still be moments, but I feel really ok.
This week we are going on a holiday to some hot springs with my family. Each family (we have seven kids in our family, 5 are married, and there are 7 grand kids) gets their own unit, with kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. Which is great, because I love my family, but I also love some space... J and I are really looking forward to this. We are going for a week, and it is such a relaxing place. Holidays are few and far between for us, because we work shift work. I do know, however, that there will be difficult days. Lots of kids, and 2 pregnant sister in laws. I have made the decision though, to not let this ruin my holiday. It's ok to feel sad once in awhile, but I refuse to hide in our room for the week.
I will not let feeling sorry for myself ruin our vacation
I will not let feeling sorry for myself ruin our vacation
I will not let feeling sorry for myself ruin our vacation

3 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun on your vacation. I'll be thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not proud of my angry/bitter days, but I know that they will come. I say take it one day at a time, and each day just hope that it will be a good one.
    Hoping you have lots and lots of good days!

    Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find myself lately wanting to crawl into bed and stay there as well. Today, while I played hooky from work, I made myself get up and DO. While I spent too much money DOing, I did feel better. At least for a while. :)

    I hope you have a lovely vacation. :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete