Saturday, December 12, 2009

My Fertile Family

I may have the most fertile family in the world. For real. My Dad came from a family of 6 kids. My Moms had 7. We have 7 kids in our family- no miscarriages, no health problems, and we are all spaced out evenly, a little under two years apart. My oldest sister had her first the first month after she went off of the pill, followed quickly by the second. She was supposed to go back on the Pill after her second as soon as she got her period- it never came. My third nephew did instead. My older brother married a girl who is 3 years younger than me. They are expecting their 2nd next spring. My younger sister has a 2 year old and an 8 month old. My youngest brother just turned 21, and his wife is 20. They got married in June. She is 4 months pregnant.
Infertility was an unknown in out family until me. Sure, we have a couple cousins who are infertiles, but that's it. Thankfully, my family is very supportive. It's not their fault they have functioning reproductive systems (although some days I feel it is fair of me to blame them).
I think my younger sister is pregnant again. She gets violently ill for her entire pregnancy. I mean, throwing up everything she eats for 9 months ill. Not cool. Her little boy is 8 months, and she had been talking about having a third soon. My mom was encouraging her to wait a little longer because it's so hard on her, but she disagreed.
Anyways, her family is down visiting right now, and we were all at my parents house last night. All of a sudden, I noticed my sister had left the table quietly. When she came back, she looked very pale, and a little sweaty. I looked at her, and she quickly looked away and mentioned something about checking on the baby. So I am going to keep on an eye on her and see what I can find out.
It's kind of nice to have time to prepare myself. I'm not super concerned about it anyway- I know it will happen soon anyways. Although some days I wonder if God thinks its funny to have 3 women in my family expecting at the same time...

1 comment:

  1. That is a tough gig - my sister has seven kids as it happens. But my family are not too close. That said both my neighbours now have a baby each which is interesting. Going round to congratulate them wasn't easy but was worth while.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete