Sunday, June 28, 2009

4 Little Words...

"Thy will be done." The fourth line in the Lord's Prayer. Echoed by millions of Christians around the world. Simple words- but possibly the most difficult submission in life.
These words have been in my mind and on my heart for some time now. I long to be able to use them. To be able to give up our infertility to God. To be able to wholeheartedly accept whatever it is God has in store for us. Whenever I think about them, they are followed by a quick flash of panic. "Thy will be done- UNLESS it means not having a baby of my own."
How do you come to that point? That point where I actually, sincerely give everything up to God? A point where I can accept that I may never conceive a child of my own? The mere thought makes my heart physically ache.
I know the proper answers- prayer...faith... submission.
But how do I get my heart to agree?

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had the answer for you, but I struggle with the same thing. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through The Pifers. I'm new to your blog, but I love it!

    Prayers,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is short and sweet, but it touches on so much of my own struggle as well. I too wish I knew the answer to this one, and how to truly trust and be at peace no matter what the outcome. Sometimes it's a scary feeling for sure. Will I ever really be okay with it if the answer is no?

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 37:4 says to delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. So doesn't it follow that if you delight in the Lord and desire in your heart to have a child, then you will have a child?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this seems an all girl blog but I wanted to say Hi. I love the mix of faith in the storm which is where I am at too. Just trying to make sense of all of that. Well done for holding onto your faith even in the difficulties of infertility. I pray God gives you the desires of your heart.

    I have just started blogging too - exciting
    http://livingintherainbow.com/

    ReplyDelete