Whoops, haven't blogged in awhile... April is turning out to be a very busy month!
My husband and I have been attending a new church for a couple months now, and are so happy there! We feel like we can grow, and we feel so welcome there. I met a couple girls (at the ladies retreat a few weeks ago) and have become fast friends with them. It's kind of freaking me out... I usually don't open up to people, especially people I don't know too well! But for some reason, I feel so much more comfortable with these girls than I do with some people I have known for years. I think it's because they are also followers of Christ. Anyways, I am so thankful for them! My husband is so happy for me... the other day I went out for coffee with the girls. When I mentioned it to him, he was like, "oh, that's so great! I'm so happy for you!" I was like, wow, lets tone down the enthusiasm about me having friends... kinda making me feel like a loser. Ha ha. We are starting a Bible study with the 4 of us (for now), and studying the Power of a Praying Wife. Looking forward to it!
The whole weight loss thing is not going too well... I don't get it. I am a very determined person. Usually, when I set my mind to something, I can do it. But weight loss has been a life long struggle. It is kind of discouraging. I hope this week goes better!
Why We Do the Things We Do
1 day ago

have you tried joining an on-line site like caloriecount.com? it helped me to lose some weight.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'll be as enthusiastic as your husband about new friends! As I get older (and go through hard times) I realize just how rare good friends are. It is exciting that you can form some quick bonds with these sisters in Christ. Great!
ReplyDelete